It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Oops I did it again
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:24 pm 
Looks like I'm upgrading from my Tama Swingstar to a Gretsch BlackHawk.

Which is good news for everybody since I haven't changed the heads on that Tama in nearly 10 years. (Damn that makes me feel old.)

Anyway, yada yada yada... lets get some JAM on!

Also... now with T-Bag back in town, we have two bassists. Any ideas on what to do? I think it'd still be cool to have different people guest-instrument on different songs and keep it rotating.

I also remember once upon a time ago we talked about getting more mics for backing vocals. I already bought both of the ones I have and I'm not even given a mic. I know money's tight with everyone, but I'm still encouraging this. You can get a mic/boom/cable combo for wicked cheap these days.

Post subject: Re: Oops I did it again
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:36 am 
I'm cool with dual bass goodness. I've got a sick busy semester (like everyone and their mom), but I imagine a bi-weekly practice is comittable. At least twiceish a month. If I do backing vocals on some stuff (several of my cover suggestions would require it) I could by myself a mic.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:24 pm 
Fluke

I think an extra mic is a good idea, and let's not forget that both of our bassists can also play guitar! Having a second guitarist could prove very useful when we need it, and when we don't that person can switch to vocals with their shiny microphone! Also, I plan to branch out into other, weirder string instruments if I can, so that could work as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:11 pm 
Fluke

I tried to buy Wudda a diggerdoo, but he REFUSED!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:52 pm 
Fluke

How dare he deny us the wonders of original aboriginal sound!?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:17 pm 
Are we shooting for practice on Saturday or no?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:50 am 
Fluke

Don't change the subject!

Not only was it a really cool digerdoo, it was a fair trade digerdoo at that.

I think the MAIN reason Adam said no was because he wasn't there to see how cool it was. If he was, he would have bought one in a second. They sound so amazing!

In any case, we measured it; we would have had to put the back seat down in half of the Outback to get it home.

It still would have been worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:12 pm 
I bet the keyboard has a synth that I could play instead. If not, it's got a midi-out so we can download one. Problem solved. BAM!

(BAM just made the problem spicy!)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:52 am 
Figure I might as well bring this thread up again.

I've recently found some guitar sticker inlays. They work like decals, apparently. I'd be super super interested to try some out on my crappiest guitars to see what they look like.

Right now I'm SUPER stoked over some bat ones, and the "tree of life" with a hummingbird.

I need to find out what "jumbo" vs "medium" etc etc frets are so I know what matches up with what. (this is my note to myself)

Bat inlays: fire-colored ones would be awesome on my Jagmaster

Test guitar: either the paracho, or the mark ii (since it has sticker-inlays anyway).

I'm also looking into the possibility of really making fuhhreals inlays. It looks right now like the best tool to use is my Dremel (need to get that back from Semicolons) and a routing-tool that goes on the top. Along with a pokey-bit. So other notes to self: get dremel and research this some more.

STOKED for this hobby!

Also, today I won a Marlboro D-28 copy off eBay. Can't wait to see how she sounds!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:40 pm 
Hey, I want to jam! No, wait! Seriously! ...No, stop! Hey, I been taking banjo lessons,and and I have keyboard that- ghi! Come back! ...I can still play drums!
...guys?

...shit.

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next