[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - What is Fun
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: What is Fun
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:14 am 
Roundworm

This is sort of related to my "I need a hobby" post, but is different and far less constrained. My question is this: What do you like to do that is FUN. Notice I said "fun", not pleasant, enjoyable, gratifying, or anything else. Just simply "bring a smile to your face and look back on that while bored wishing you could relive it" type of fun.

some examples for me:
- playing football on the beach
- driving fast cars (I have only done this a few times, but it was a blast)
- Going to sporting events with large group (Thanks Friends of Zackee for taking part in this one)

So, what about you?

Post subject: Re: What is Fun
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:55 am 
1. Pooping and making announcements of such
2. Sending ridiculous text messages
3. Chauvinism
4. Playing at the park
5. Eating at The Pie
6. Having "good talks" with close friends or family
7. Movies... but it's gotta be the right movie at the right time
8. Rawking out
9. Haunted houses w giant groups
10. Screaming bloody murder Lagoon's "scary rides"
11. Lunch adventures
12. Roasting weenies at a campfire
13. Hiking
14. Catch phrases
15. Being not-in-Utah
16. Building stuff
17. Playing w my church kids
18. Hitting the "Reply-All" button when it's completely uncalled for.
19. Covering golf-holes with dirt and sod. (I haven't actually done this, but how sweet would it be?)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:56 pm 
Fluke

When something qualifies as "fun" to me, it usually connects with my inner child somehow. Some are more obvious, like when we play capture the flag or throw a Frisbee around. Others are a bit more obscure, like getting out and feeling absolutely microscopic when looking at the stars or the view from a plane.

Also, going to concerts. Those are always fun.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:00 pm 
- Spraying puke out of a rented van at 4am
- Pushing my stalled truck over a mile to get it home in December
- Building a dam in a park's river
- Climbing to the top of Suicide Rock in the dark
- Pretending to enjoy Baby Einstein just to keep a kid interested in it
- Ordering a Big Mac at Taco Bell because the dude behind the counter is your friend and you're trying to make him smile at his new job
- Watching helplessly as your cousin taunts a little league game
- Taking a friend to wander Big Lots because he needed a break from work
- Dancing like an idiot at the Jazz Festival
- Making friends with the checker at Safeway across from your hotel room
- Taking apart an entire disposal only to find that the problem could have been solved with a simple allen wrench
- Getting violated at the club but a random drunk pervert because your girlfriend's sense of humor is as askew as yours
- Picking up a friend from a gas station because his ride got arrested and her car got impounded on the spot
- Staying up all night just because your buddy found out that you'd never seen the sun rise
- Getting a 6' Love Sac dropped on you from 2 stories up because you thought you could "break its fall"
- Having Dad show up to pick you up on the side of the freeway because you just blew your engine
- Having some out-of-state friends surprise you by showing up in a 4WD Suburban because you've been "snowed in" all day
- Moderating a "domestic dispute" and going out for McDonalds after it's all over
- Falling off a slackline and staring at the sky because you can't move your body

The theme that I have isn't so much WHAT I'm doing. It's all about who I'm doing it with and that it's something out-of-the-ordinary.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:28 pm 
Paramecium

I have to go with waste on this one, fun is definitely about who and rarely about what or where. Some of my favorites:

Swearing at an old truck whilst "repairing" it.

Meeting new people who don't suck.

Catching up with an old friend.

Arguing for the sake of argument (I know Loki'sRevenge will disagree with me on this one but I really do love to have long drawn out debates)

Telling stories.

Cooking for friends.

Singing in a band.

Getting all dressed up and wandering about for no reason at all.

Organizing an event and actually having it work out.

Window shopping

Book shopping (This one is really dangerous for me. Ask Loki'sRevenge. I cannot seem to walk out of a bookstore for less than $100.)

Creating giant snowballs.

More coming soon...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:39 pm 
In-N-Out. Check this out, yo!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]