[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - Things I (or someone else) may want to do...
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Things I (or someone else) may want to do...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:53 pm 
This is a thread that will hold all of the ideas of stuff to do. I know we've made a few of these before, but I'm hoping this can be a giant, comprehensive list of local and abroad things that sound both fun and feasible. If any of you moderators know how to make this a sticky, please do so...

1. Ice skating
2. Skating at a park (Liberty, skate park, whatever)
3. Skating at Classic Skating
4. Laser Quest
5. Go Carts
6. Capture the Flag
7. Batting cages
8. Baseball bat dizzy-spinning contest mixed with batting cages
9. The Pie in SLC (eat, touch up art, play pinball)
10. Nickelcade
11. Effed up soccer
12. Build a giant house of cards
13. Munchkin
14. Build a massive Rice Krispy treat
15. Jam
16. Taco bar
17. Omelet bar
18. Karaoke
19. Bowling
20. Pool
21. Sandbag relays (see other thread somewhere)
22. Home fix-it projects
23. Do my brakes
24. Volunteer to do something awesome
25. Take pictures of us out having fun
26. Have a picnic on top of Pete's Rock
27. Hike (City Creek area or the place behind my house are simple/fast)
28. Write a "monkey sandbagger" wrap to post up on the blog
29. Go to Savers, pick out clothes for someone else in group, wash, and wear to club.
30. Climbing gym
31. The Rock Church
32. Help Dustin (or anyone) with their home projects
33. Utes basketball, gymnastics, football, volleyball
34. Kickball
35. Wiffle ball
36. Last minute scalped tickets to a Jazz game
37. Bees game
38. Grizz game
39. Arena football game
40. Airsoft shooting gallery
41. Sledding
42. Water balloon and/or water gun fight
43. Build marshmallow guns

Post subject: Re: Things I (or someone else) may want to do...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:43 pm 
I love all those ideas, but, I have baggage(married, with children). My wife and I both need to get out more and socialize. So, here's a few suggestions that are child/family friendly;

Accompany children to aquarium.
...zoo.
...dinosaur museum.
...Wheeler Farm
...petting zoo.
...feed ducks.
Finger paint with Conrad.
Make homemade icecream.*

non family friendly fun;
Shoot clay pigeons(or, if pigeons are out of season, spray paint cans)
Fishing. Anyone can fish at Oqquirr Lake, at Daybreak 11400 s Bangerter hwy, without a license. Catch and release, or catch and grill.
Try new restaurants.
Narc-tag. Go to pioneer park, find a spot and stand there til someone attempts sell you drugs and/or sex. Last person standing wins.

*I saw this thing on tv, its an icecream mixer shaped like a soccer ball. You put all desired ingredients in, close it, kick it around like maniacs, crack it open and, kablooey, you have icecream.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:31 pm 
We just returned from the store, while I was there I found the homemade icecream ball and it's $29.99. it appears to only be capable of producing about 4 cups of icecream.
Lame.
Perhaps we have an experiment though, we could buy one, take it apart, and maybe discover how to create a larger version. Beach ball sized. That would make for some serious Effed Up Soccer. Then, when we're all pooped from kicking a huge ball, with a gallon of icecream inside, we can bust 'er open and scoop out the delicious brai- uh, icecream!

-HAT
(not a zombie)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:17 am 
Ah, I miss the days of "doing stuff."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:36 am 
Paramecium

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:48 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:45 pm 
Roundworm

No one ever wants to play Munchkin with me. If you ever get a group together, let me know.

The Pie rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:50 pm 
Fluke

Screw the aquarium idea. My cousin tells me its $30 a person admission.
STOOPD FISH!!! EARN YOUR OWN DAMN SUPPORT!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:16 am 
Paramecium

Haha awesome, yes, Pete's rock is the one we went to with like four of your buddies correct? broken beer bottles everywhere? great place- great view haha

haha hey i've used a homemade ice cream machine before-was hella repetitive. i vote that you must make one and we must play krab soccer or even just soccer like before mentioned :twisted:

BTW Nap- i will most definitely make sure you are invited to Munchkin, although i will get royally poned cuz i haven't played forever and was never super good...haha GO MUNCHKIN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm 
Roundworm

Hooray for Munchkin. I am not very good at it, and when I play I usually piss off my wife because:
a. I am competitive
b. I steal her shoulder dragon whenever possible

I enjoy it though.

Soccer is a lot of fun. I recommend that a s agreat group activity, especially since the people don't need to know each other beforehand and at the end half of the people are friends.

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next