[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - Thread about anything
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 24 [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Thread about anything
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:39 pm 
Mealworm

Anything goes. Related or not. I think I'll start it off as a word-association thread with myself. Ready, set, go.

Cobra
Ford
Mustang
Red
Apple
Worm
Team
Jazz
Miles Davis
Blue
Cold
Picasso
Brush
Turkey
Bag
Recycle
Arrows
Mitch Hedburg
Cobain
15 years
Anniversary
The Magic is Gone
Orlando
Stupid Mickey Mouse
Overalls
Coveralls
Coverall-wedgie
Shoulders
Shoulder pain
Doctor
KISS
Role Models
Augie
LARP
Balding
Grandpa
Fishing
Sleeping...

Post subject: Re: Thread about anything
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:43 pm 
Mealworm

I spent some significant time stretching today -- both dynamic and static -- and my shoulder is starting to feel a little bit better.

I still have a hard time listening to people who keep telling me I need to see a doctor. I realize that I'm not invincible and I probably won't ever recover from this injury, but I've yet to hear of any compelling arguments that a doc can actually fix me. Worst case: shoulder surgery that makes my shoulder feel better as long as I keep stretching it and working it out. Which is basically where I am now.

In other news, I DID learn how to login to my health insurance people's website thingy. Apparently I created an account like 4 years ago and forgot about it. Now I can select a dentist, a primary care physician, and possibly a sports medicine doctor. woot!

In all honesty, that was a large part of why I was so stubborn about going in the first place. If I can see a sports med guy and he can recommend I see a chiropractor and massage therapy person, I may be able to get all this treatment paid for by my health insurance! Woooo!

Surgery.. I'm still not to keen on.

Questions I still have:
1. What is a primary care physician and why do I need one?
2. How do I go about letting everybody know that I moved?
3. How do I find a "good dentist" as opposed to a "mediocre dentist" or a "sub par dentist"?

I guess maybe even seeing a sub-par dentist is a better idea than not seeing a dentist.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:04 pm 
I can recommend a natural supplement that helped with the ever present pain I have from a car accident that happened 6 years ago. Its not a a pain suppressant. It helps to rebuild cartilage. I have no idea what the name is right this moment, but I will find out soon for you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:22 am 
Mealworm

Thanks dude. Is is that glucosamine and chondroitin stuff? I've heard nothing but good things about it, but have yet to actually look into it.

Low Book Sales. Low Book Sales.
Now their jingle is stuck in your head, too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:39 am 
Mealworm

I spent all morning going through websites and making phone calls trying to get Anand's immigration stuff for his wife in order.

I rolled into work at 10:10 (insanely late) because of it. I just got a phone call from Joel, whose Audi key got destroyed. He needs a ride into work.

Joel lives out in BFE.

FML.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:13 pm 
Mealworm

Update: Joel found his keys. I ate Chadder's for lunch. All in all, not a bad experience. w00t.

Thanks for the "Bone, Flesh, and Cartilage" recommendation. I'll have to check it out. I'm posting it here so I remember what it is.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:10 pm 
Mealworm

I have a hard time understanding the "this is too crude for it to be funny" mentality. Something simply is or is-not funny.

Often people mistake crude/lewdness for being funny. That is, they say something dirty and expect people to giggle. As an example, check out Sarah Silverman or Lisa Lampinelli. I have yet to see anything truly funny come from either of these comedians, but they keep it crass enough to somehow maintain an audience.

I don't dislike their comedy because it's crass, though. I dislike it because it's simply not funny.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:17 pm 
Mealworm

Here's something random for y'all:
File comment: The stupid! It burns!
thestupiditburns.jpg
thestupiditburns.jpg [ 10.94 KiB | Viewed 122172 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:26 pm 
Mad. Was in Ogden on Saturday night. Found out Bobcat Goldthwaith performed at a local club. I missed it.

I know, not the MOST exciting thing in the world, but I think that's about the greatest thing to happen in Ogden since Metallica played there circa '99.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:31 pm 
Mealworm

Just read that the Utah/BYU rivalry has been bought out. It's no longer going to be called The Holy War. Instead, it will be declared the "Deseret Duel", due to its sponsorship by the The Deseret First Credit Union.

Looks like tradition can be traded for the almighty dollar.

I'm miffed about it mostly because it had a long-standing, public-elected name. That is no more. It seems even cheaper than when the football broadcasting rights were sold to a cable-only, nobody-has-this-channel network.

Did it make sense for the fans? No.
Did it make sense for the exposure of the teams/schools? No.
Did somebody somewhere make some money off it? Yes.

Between that, the "blackout game", and now this... I'm just about ready to trade my school spirit in for a free sample of Cup O Noodles.

I've also been irked lately because of the billboards and signs everywhere. I guess capitalism really does come at a cost. That cost is the continuous disruption and destruction of natural beauty. Being a consumer blows. Suffering the consequences of living in a consumer-driven society blows too. I hope that there are benefits from all this.

Page 1 of 24 [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next