It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 24 [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thread about anything
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:50 am 
You should come get a smoothie with me. They are sooooo good!

I'll take note, too, not to hit up a buffet anytime soon. Being at the movies kinda freaks me out as well.

So what's our status on the whole swine flu? Are the numbers going up or down? Isn't it about this time of year that the whole flu-thing starts to throw snakeyes?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:20 pm 
Swine flu stable. The numbers aren't scary; it's still more of the similarities to 1918 that are downright terrifying. Also I'm in that "20-somethings with an underlying disorder" category that's dying, so it's kinda creepy. I'm really excited to get my vaccine. I've learned over the past few months that trying to do a worldwide quarantine is a total joke. Working for the WHO has to be the worst job in the world . . . nobody dies, and you cried wolf . . . a million die and you did your job wrong.

Anyway, I wouldn't necessarily shun buffets. I just wanted to point out that they are inherently dirty places. I was annoyed that reviewers online complained about the cleanliness of only SOME buffets, and usually based on patron activity. For goodness sakes, eat at a sitdown restaurant, or buck up. But I guess that's hypocritical because I constantly complain about the horror show that is the Golden Corral.

Not that it's important, but I've found the following foods go down well with chemo sore throat (a terrible affliction):
1. Mashed potatoes
2. Carbonated beverage
3. Kraft singles
4. Ice cream
5. French bread dipped in french onion soup

That's about it. Really. NOTHING else.

Oh, BTW, what summer blockbusters are good?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:21 pm 
Clarification: stable = numbers not growing or shrinking. Staying level.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:52 pm 
I know something that will bring your appetite back! Heh heh heh heh heh heh... whoa, did everything just taste purple?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:13 pm 
Sadly, if I lived in several other states, I could be doing that legally right now. It's a very good treatment to reverse the ill effects of adriomycin. Don't get me started. I used to be a strong advocate of the medical legalization for chemo patients. Now that I've felt the side effects, I can only imagine how horrible it would be to go through this treatment long-term. I now feverently believe that it needs to be legalized for chronic patients.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:08 pm 
AAH HAAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAAAA!!!
...You said chronic patients.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:44 pm 
LOL. Yup, apparently I did. ;)

BTW, now that spring has sprung, what is everyone's favorite flower?

I like easter lilies.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:01 am 
I watched an episode of The PJ's today on Boomerang, and there was a picture of Fry from Futurama on the milk carton. Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:22 pm 
I'm going to watch Ellen. And maybe eat ice cream while watching Ellen. I like ice cream, it hurts my throat. But it makes my Grandma jealous. So maybe I won't eat ice cream.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:23 pm 
I mean "it helps my sore throat."

Page 4 of 24 [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next