[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - No sleep
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: No sleep
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:21 am 
Mealworm

Looks like this whole damn site is just my personal blog. But last night was pretty hellish on the sleep schedule. Lets see how today fares.

I want to go to Savers this evening after work. Anyone out there wanna go with me?

Post subject: Re: No sleep
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:44 pm 
Fluke

I am here. I am working. Sadly, my time has basically been scooped up by the local Dem party. Actually, that's my initial observation. Let's see how I feel in a few weeks.

If you want to hang out, come to the Pride Festival on Saturday. I will be in a green Jani Iwamoto t-shirt, and probably highly hungry and in great want of some food!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:02 pm 
Fluke

I'm soooo pissed off. So, as is fairly typical for me, I can't fall asleep for anything. It doesn't matter when I go to bed, I just cannot find my way to dreamland. Then, when I actually get to dreamland, I have horrible dreams about being attacked by terrorists (no, not brown ones like you Wudda). And, I have to save other people, and in order to save other people, I have to abandon my most fabulous car. My car! My wonderful car! *sniffle*

And, on top of that, I keep waking up 3 1/2 hours before I have to get out of bed, and then I can't fall back asleep for about 30 minutes. What the hell?

ARGH!!!!!

I wanna go to the Pride stuff. Too bad I'm far, far away. :(
Oh, and I ended up not going to the drag show after all. Sadness. Oh well. Maybe next time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:58 am 
Mealworm

Hey Ozzy: What did you end up doing last night? Sorry for being so short on the phone, but I was really stressed about work and needed to prep. Today I'm in my full monkeysuit -- white shirt and tie and everything -- dancing for peanuts and pocket change. Bleh.

When/where is the Pridefest? Also, I have a question for you and your friends, but I'll toss it into another post since this one is becoming derailed an all-over-the-place anyway. It's about boots.

Maat: I was unaware that terrorists came in flavors besides brown. :lol:
As far as your sleep is concerned, I'll give my regular blanket solution-to-everything: diet and exercise. Fatigue your body so you sleep, and make sure you've got at least a little food in you before bedtime. I've heard that low blood sugar can not only wake you, but make you fight like a beast to get back to sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:09 pm 
Fluke

So, what, you're saying I'm fat? Jeez. Way to make a girl feel great.

Funny thing: it doesn't seem to matter how tired my body and/or mind is (I've tried the exercise route a few times, based on various people's suggestion). I can go to bed horribly exhausted and still not fall asleep (however, I suppose it might keep me asleep...the waking up early stuff is unusual for me). *shrug* I guess I'll get my fat butt some exercise. I must not be doing too shabby though. I'm slowly losing weight (and most of it is fat...I'm measuring fat percentage semi-regularly), so yeah.

The food thing is an interesting idea...I've never heard that before.

Yes, the terrorists were more white than anything. I dunno. The important thing is that I abandoned my car! I never abandon my car. Even in my tsunami nightmares I am still trying to save my car in the midst of everything. I wonder what that says. Maybe my priorities are shifting.

Boot? I love boots! :D

What was this post about in the first place (I've forgotten)? I will have to check now. The subject says "No sleep" so I went with it.... *shrug*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:48 am 
Fluke

Pfft. I heard what was so much more exciting that playing skeeball with me.

Incidentally, I couldn't find anyone to go out with, and sunk into a general depression, from which I emerged by taking my first ever whack at homemade pesto sauce and some sort of dijon chicken by Rachel Ray.

The pasta was mediocre, and that's if I really inflate my sense of self worth. The chicken, on the other hand, was unbelievably fantastic. Like downtown restaurant quality. And it was a 30 Minute Meals recipe! OK, I know I've said a lot of bad things about Ms. Ray in the past, but I take them all back. She is a freakin' genius.

Incidentally, I think I am going to practice cooking a bit more.

Anyway, Pride is at the City County Building downtown. Admission is $10, so you might not want to come. Conversely, you may be interested in seeing Meshell Ndegeocello perform.

http://utahpridecenter.org/utahpride/in ... cello.html

So if you come on Saturday, come later in the evening to hear her. It sounds pretty cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:18 am 
Mealworm

I dodged out on the playing of skeeball so that I could get my clothes together (I actually had nothing that I felt comfortable wearing ready to go -- so I ended up buying a new white shirt and tie), rehearsing my presentation material, and trying to get some sleep. As it turned out, it really paid off. I got a follow-up phone call from the project engineer who was conveying praise that was specific towards me from our customer's auditors. I know that you guys really don't know what all of that means, but -- given the situation -- it really was a big deal.

What does "dijon" mean?

I'm considering making some sort of chicken-based red sauce (I have potentially-contaminated romas that I guess I need to cook) to serve over spaghetti-squash. For some reason, I'm thinking this dish would be better served cold. Anyone up for some experimental cooking?

Also... what's a good way to cook eggplant? I've still got half of a massive one in my fridge that I should probably take care of before it rots.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:32 am 
Fluke

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes ... 85,00.html

That's the chicken recipe I used. I cut some fresh herbs from the garden, and in 30 minutes, I had chicken that was good-restaurant-quality fantastic.

So far as eggplant goes, ask Dad. He has some amazing recipes that he's never taught me. Lame.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]