It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: I need a beatitude . . .
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:58 am 
I'm feeling like crap. I know I have lots of blessings in my life, but I feel like fate has taken a giant poopie on my head all year long.

I try to keep my optimism, but it seems like not only are my prayers being answered with a great big "no," but that for every "no" that I get, something good in my life that I didn't even consider to be at risk disappears.

I know this is terribly negative, but it's how I feel. I'm looking for some good proverb to live by at this point . . .

In the meantime, I will continue to try to make it through the day by laying around in bed and watching zombie movies and reruns of Welcome Back, Kotter . . .

Post subject: Re: I need a beatitude . . .
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:09 pm 
I was just listening to a podcast today that seems kinda up this alley, but I don't remember what it is. I'll see what I can dig out!

In the meantime, I'll make up some things.

- Blessed are those who are short, for they shall not worry about shrunken jeans.

- Blessed are those who are hairy, for it is not always unfortunate to be mistaken for a puppy.

- Blessed are those who are sarcastic, for surely someone must have an answer to the world's stupid questions.

- Blessed are those who were raised by the Childrens Television Workshop, for they understand the inner-zen of the "ba-dum-bum ching" and "here fishy-fishy-fishy".

- Blessed are those who watch Paula Dean, for her cooking is meant for the heart.

- Blessed are those who eat at Wendy's, for this implies they are not at BK.

- Blessed are those who appreciate cartoons, because God knows children surely don't!

- Blessed are those who are cautious of crossing streams, for total protonic reversal is indeed bad.

- Blessed are those who eat chickens, for without them those bastards breed so fast that they'd have surely conquered the Earth by now.

- Blessed are those who have owned Hypercolor shirts. Seriously. They ruled. And our lives are better for having witnessed their existence.

Post subject: Re: I need a beatitude . . .
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:16 pm 
Being at the parents house is not the same without you. And Mario, Luigi, and Toadie.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]