It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Can you help us by walking for an hour? Especially at noc?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:50 pm 
Hi, all!!!

As many of you know, my friend Esther and I have volunteered to sponsor a Relay for Life team. This is an all-nighter walk-a-thon that lasts from 3 PM Saturday to 6:30 AM Sunday. We have pledged that between us we can man a booth fundraiser and have someone walking around the green space at the U at all times.

If anyone can help us by either volunteering to walk for a 1 hour shift or selling hugs, high fives, and possibly "Zydrate" glowsticks at our booth so Esther and I can go and see some other booths and vendors, that would be great!

This is a VERY fun event, basically an all-night college party! (Well, um, I'm too old to be there technically, but you get the gist.)

Registration and donations can be done at the link before. Say you're signing up for an existing team.

Also, if you want to help our team reach its fundraising goal, you can buy a luminaria from us for $10 in honor of a survivor/victim of cancer. You can buy one at our website, or if you can't afford one and want one, let me know and we can buy one for you!!! And make sure to stop by our booth and buy lots of hugs/high fives!

Thanks,
Ami

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Relay ... _id=686785

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]