It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Warlock
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:40 pm 
Against my better judgment and everyone else's advice, I went and bought another B.C. Rich Warlock last night. It's from the "Deluxe Series" but I can't really find much info on it.

It's by far my favorite Warlock of the two that I've owned. It looks cool as hell, but that's about as far as I tan take it.

I don't think I like the way it plays. Its body is too light, IMO, which will ultimately end up in power transference from the strings into the body and ultimately give a lack of sustain. The fingerboard doesn't have the natural curvature I've come to love, either. It feels similar to the Ibanez Gio neck or the handful of Epiphone electrics I've played. Kind of wider and flatter. Certainly workable but not the same comfort of my beloved Tele or Jagmaster.

Overall, still glad I bought it. Likewise, suspect I'll be just as excited to get rid of it when I'm sick of looking at it.

Post subject: Re: Warlock
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:24 pm 
Someday you will learn to listen to me. Until that day, enjoy another guitar you don't like to play.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:15 am 
Like and love are two very different things.

I like playing all guitars. And duck-duck-goose.

I love playing my natural tele and my Jagmaster.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:22 pm 
Maggot

SO jealous of your Telecaster. That is easily my most dreamiest dream guitar. Played a blond one at a Guitar Center a few months back, and honestly considered going homeless for a month just so I could afford it.

Huh? Oh, you're talking about the Warlock? Yeah, that's pretty cool, I guess. I've never liked how they feel. Too pointy. :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:20 am 
I have a secondary Tele I picked up that I really dislike. I haven't had time to tweak the setup again (got some weird saddle buzz going on), but if I *do* tweak it and still don't like it, I'm either gutting it or hocking it on eBay.

If you're interested in giving it a whirl before any of that happens, come on over sometime. It's been too long since I've seen you!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:56 am 
Maggot

Agreed! I'll call and hit you up about that this week sometime.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:13 am 
WOOOOOOO! I own a guitar again! Somebody better teach me how to play like Brian Setzer before next weekend or this guitar will probably sit in a corner for several years, collecting dust and then later being sold to some greedy old guy that has way to many warlocks and not enough time for them because he is a workaholic! WOOOOOOOOO! Guitar!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:58 am 
WOOOOOO! GUITAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!

To play like Brian Setzer, you first need a lot of hair grease. Find a teenager and wipe your head on his.

There's another sweet customized Telecaster on KSL right now. I really want to buy it. I shouldn't. But it's been sweetly customized.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:03 pm 
Bleh. Check the specs on this to see if it'll work with the Ibanez.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHROME-Electric-Gui ... ccessories

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]