[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - The Vacuum Thread
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Vacuum Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:03 pm 
Mealworm

As an all-purpose placeholder for vacuums I am considering.

Shark Bagless. $160
Pros: Good reviews, don't have to clean filter often like with other bagless vacuums, small footprint
Cons: This appears to be an As-Seen-On-TV brand, which could explain the plethora of reviews. People are stupid.
http://www.amazon.com/Navigator-Upright ... 733&sr=1-3

Eureka Optima Lightweight Upright Bagless. $65
Pros: Good reviews, small, lightweight (11.4lbs), cheap
Cons: Not super duper powerful, people complain about having to clean the filter often and what a pain it is.
http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-437AZ-Opti ... pd_sbs_k_2

Bissell Cleanview Helix Bagless. $80-100
Pros: Good reviews on both models, featured reviews from other sites
Cons: 20.4lbs, unclear on difference between models besides weight and warranty, reports that this loses some power and glamour over time, lower filter reportedly gross to clean
http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-Cleanview ... 543&sr=1-3
http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-Cleanview ... 543&sr=1-2

Hoover Windtunnel. $100
Pros: Cheaper than retail thru Amazon, good reviews, etc.
Cons: 24lbs
http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-WindTunnel ... 543&sr=1-1

Bissell Healthy Home. $200
Pros: highest review rating I've seen thus far, reported to be much better than Bissel Clean View above by reviewer.
Cons: 29lbs. Expensivest so far too.
http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-Healthy-U ... 394&sr=1-2

Post subject: Re: The Vacuum Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:38 pm 
Check out Orecks. I used to see them all the time on commercials . . . the vacuum that weighs less than five pounds but weighs less than a bowling ball.

Thought it was all hype, then Grandpa bought us one for Christmas. That thing is PHENOMENAL! I LOVE it!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:56 am 
Roundworm

I have a bagged hoover wind tunnel (about 10 years old). It is a solid vacuum. For a while I had a hoover bagless wind tunnel and it was crap. hte mesh (not even really a filter) between the dirt compartment and the filter compartment would get clogged in like 10 minutes. The suction would then disappear. It was more expensive than the bagged version (it was a gift), but we quickly opted for the hand me down bagged version.

Orecks are way expensive. In that price range may want to consider a dyon dc-14 or something like that.
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Dy ... erralID=NA

Check this one's "people who bought this also bought" section. a bunch of romance novels:
http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-DC14-Cyclon ... B0002UW0FG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:24 pm 
Maggot

.....Or you could go super-badass like me, and have hardwood floors. Checkmate!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:16 pm 
Mealworm

I have yet to see said hardwood. :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:31 pm 
Maggot

Dude, so many frowning smileys lately.......

You should come over next time we jam! The non-floor parts of the apartment are pretty cool, too.

Side note: I've met a guitarist at school who I may be starting a band with. Any interest in jamming with the both of us sometime?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:26 pm 
Mealworm

I always dig making noise if you guys will tolerate having me! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:08 pm 
Maggot

Of course! I'll email you, and stop jacking this thread.

*Looks up*

.........Vacuums, huh? I got nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:15 am 
Mealworm

Me either. It's been like a month now and still no vacuum. This sucks. Or doesn't.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:46 am 
Roundworm

It appears I too am looking for a vacuum. Any epiphanies yet? I read some reviews indicating that dysons on berber carpet will tear up the fibers and track the carpet, since you cannot manually adjust the bruck height (it adjusts itself based on gravity). I hate these kinds of purchases (expensive and unexciting).

Page 1 of 3 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next