[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - For better or worse...
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: For better or worse...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:09 pm 
Mealworm

We should dip said peanut butter crackers in jelly. It could be a new bachelor delicacy!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:52 pm 
Roundworm

Random thoughts:
I am still a maggot
Waste we get Fridays off? Is that why no one bugs me in my cubicle on Fridays?
Single-digit binary watch: I agree with that since the lights go off here at 6:15 so if I leave after that and the sun is still up, my brain gets confused and I pass out. That is why I never leave work between 6:15 and 9:30. It is not worth the risk of long-term injury from hitting my head on the tile just to leave a little earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:00 pm 
Mealworm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:56 pm 
Fluke

I was just told that my place of employment is closing down for four weeks for remodeling. I get the next FOUR Fridays off!

......Consequently, does anyone need some household chores done? No? Wash your windshield? Shine your shoes?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:13 pm 
Dinoflagellate

My suggestion to you Loki: come hang out with me on those Fri.! Of course, that may not be so much fun seeing as how I get stabbed anywhere between the hours of 10 in the ante meridian and 5 in the post meridian. I still suggest it. You might like getting stabbed too. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:41 pm 
Fluke

You know, I've never tried it. The whole "I play guitar so I value my hands more than my junk" thing kind of gets in the way when dealing with pointy things.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:32 pm 
Dinoflagellate

How much do you value the inside of your elbow? That's usually where they stab you. Then they give you money. It's awesome. The only thing you have to do is get stabbed, then squeeze your hand for about an hour.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:09 am 
Dinoflagellate

On Sun. July 20, I posted for the 25th time and achieved the rank of "Flatworm". Go Meeeee!!!!!!1111 :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:58 am 
Mealworm

Congrats!

Tell me more about this stabbery. I need to donate anyway. How does it all work?

I also have the "I play guitar" factor, but I mix mine with a healthy dose of the "but life happens whenever, wherever and sometimes you just gotta deal with it" clause.

Life presents infinite risks. I don't have time to "live" in fear of them all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:12 am 
Dinoflagellate

I prefer not to refer to it as "donating". I like to think of it as "pimping". See, I let them take my plasma, for uses that I'm not aware, and they pay me for it. The beauty of this is, I feel better that I let somebody put a sharp object into the highways of my body and take out one of the major components that I need in order to stave off sickness. The first time you go in, you need an appointment (I can get the number to the place tomorrow), and at least 3 hours of time (they are open on Sat., considering your work schedule Adumb). You must go through a light physical (no turning and coughing), you can't have had surgeries, tooth extractions, tattoos, piercings, incarcerated, drug/alcohol dependencies, pregnancies, long-term physicians care, traveled to or lived in Europe, taken heart medications, acupuncture, West Nile Virus, Hep. B vaccine, smallpox vaccine, sex with a male (not specified as homosexual), all in pre-determined time lengths and frames. Most of those are pretty short time-frames, but some are akin to lifetime. Then comes the vein check, the actual "pimping" (it will hurt the first time; you're getting stabbed with an 18 gu. needle for god's sake; don't be a baby), usually takes an hour, then you get paid. Make sure to eat a large meal, something with protein in it, before you go (especially the first time, since it takes so long) and drink plenty of water. Let them know if you have problems with blood sugar levels; you don't want to pass out (or worse) with a needle in your arm. So there you go. Easy peasy. Oh, side note for those that play guitar; they will prick one of your fingers to get hematocrit and protein levels. Pick a finger that you don't use very often.

Page 2 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next