[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - Potlucks and Alcoholic Brunches
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Potlucks and Alcoholic Brunches
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:44 am 
Paramecium

Okay kids, here's the idea:

For the months that are more stressful to us school-going types and somewhat less conduscive to CTF, thought we ought to have a set get-together, once a month or so, to relax and have a good time. I've been saying Potluck for at least two years now, and I think it's time to really put it into practice. So I wanted input as to the best night for everyone. My vote goes immediately for Monday night, our own perverted and alcoholic version of family Home Evening. I'm willing to host and cook.

Second, since every month is a little far apart to be having get-togethers, I propose a second fod related event: The Alcoholic Brunch. This idea lends itself naturally to Sunday afternoon, but I'm open to suggestion. Once again, every month, but spaced so that it'll go potluck, two weeks, brunch, two weeks, potluck. Get me?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Who's up for this? I've already got menu ideas for both.

Post subject: Re: Potlucks and Alcoholic Brunches
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:24 am 
Mealworm

I think it's a great idea!

Personal philosophies however....

1. I try to limit my drinking to occasional weekend nights. This works for health reasons, financial reasons, keeps my tolerance low, and really sets apart those nights as something special. I'll gladly come to the potluck, but I likely won't be drinking. (However, come Friday or Saturday... that may change!)

2. I insist that you not solely take on the burden of providing the food. If this is a traditional potluck and everyone brings food, cool! If this is more of a "everyone kick $5 for dinner" then that's even more cool! (Potlucks notoriously bring about a ton of wasted food. 20 people make food for 20 people and suddenly you have food for 400...)

I'm available for this any evening between Monday - Saturday. :)

[Also, I'm probably out for the Alcoholic Brunches. I will likely be spending my Sunday mornings recovering from my Saturday nights, then trying to go to church and visit family and such. Monday-Friday mornings I work. Saturday mornings is band practice. If I were to wing a breakfast event, it'd have to be on my every-other-Friday-off.]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:28 am 
Paramecium

I'm really down for either style of potluck. I love cooking for you guys because you're all so damn complimentary - especially you, Waste- so I may be more in favor of the second variety. Possibly with a twist, such as I'll prepare the main course, and someone can bring salad or dessert. Sound good?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:34 am 
I love food... I use to host wed night pot lucks, we all use to take turns cooking this way who ever was good at certain things cooked that wed. The only thing is that it gets hard to keep everyone on the same schedule. I am free after 730 on mondays and wed. I work sat and sundays all day. I could do something on tuesdays and thursdays....
I am not a huge drinker, every time I have drank you guys know about it, cuz i act like a dumbass. :twisted:

I wouldn't mind doing something this Saturday before school starts....
Keep me updated and I will try to work something out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:18 pm 
Here we go kids:

The first potluck is to be on Wenesday, October 1st, 7:30 PM (SHARP!). The menu that I will be providing is oven baked chicken breasts (in a TBA marinade) with garlic and feta mashed potatoes. What I need from you people is an RSVP (on this thread will be fine) by Monday 29 September (So I know how much to cook). With your response, please include your preference for assignment. First one to call it, gets the assignment. Also, if you plan to bring food, try out a new recipe.

Assignment list:
Dishes after the meal is done
Dessert (I was thinking brownies, but its open to debate)
Veggie side (Asparagus?)
Salad and dressing
Drinks (white wine?)

Questions? Comments?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:12 am 
I'm all over this like blood on a pedophile!

I'll bring a side veggie? Asparagus or whatever. Lemme know your head-count when you get it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:58 pm 
Mealworm

Is this still on?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 am 
Paramecium

Most definitely still on! I do need a final head count as I'm going shopping today! If you're coming, speak up!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:20 pm 
Paramecium

Thank you to everyone who attended last night, I had a lovely time! I'll keep you kids posted on when the next one will be!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]