It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Birthday Q's lookin for A's
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:09 am 
Paramecium

So my friend Heathers' birthday is on March 20. And i am at a total loss as to what we should do to celebrate. She is turning 17 and i am pretty much broke. I'm in a bit of a pickle here, any ideas on what to get her, fun stuff to do etc?

Post subject: Re: Birthday Q's lookin for A's
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:48 am 
See thread about stuff to do. I recommend:

1. Doing my brakes
2. Cleaning my car
3. Painting my condo
4. Fixing my tub drain

That sounds like a party and a half! Woowooo!

Ideas for broke type gifts/party ideas:
1. Organize a surprise party and play Pin The Tail on Trisha.
2. Get/build a journal type book -- or just a notebook. Write her a sweet two-page note in it. Have all her friends do the same. Think "yearbook" on this one, but without all those stupid pages with stuff pre-written on it.
3. Similar idea, but build it as a blog. Include pictures of all her friends, etc with notes about how much y'all love her. I recommend setting it up via wordpress.com
4. Organize a hide-and-go-seek-in-the-dark game. Or something like that. Look up Boy Scout type games.
5. Have everyone pitch in to buy some hot cocoa mix. After your game, go make a bajillion cups of hot cocoa at someone's house.
6. Throw a party where everyone works on making a life-sized heather out of paper machete. Everyone is assigned a different body part. In the end, attach them all with significant amounts of duct tape. Then dress it using some of Heather's clothes. I have no idea how you're going to make hair, though.
7. Everyone must chip in a few dollars for this one, but get a bunch of friends together and take Heather to a park. Tell her that you've all got a sweet surprise present for her and put a blindfold on her. Whipped cream fight ensues. Everyone brings their own can. Heather gets two.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:09 am 
Paramecium

hmmm that whip cream fight sounds pretty intense-and sweet haha. although Pin The Tail on the Tricia is a very appealing concept as well....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:57 pm 
Have a hair-and-makeup party. Everyone attending is in charge of doing someone else's hair and makeup.

Have a baking party. Everyone comes together to participate in the baking of something awesome. Perhaps cookies or a birthday cake!

Have a protest-for-the-right-to-vote party. Instead of protesting for women's suffrage, you can instead protest for children's suffrage. After all, you are suffering, aren't you? Plus protesting RULES!

Go out to the mall with a digital camera. Explain to both friends and strangers that it's Heather's birthday. Have them record a 10 second video of a special birthday wish for her. Be sure to solicit extra-flirty wishes [PG] from people she may like!

Tea party! Complete with pretend tea, stuffed animals, and an obnoxious little sibling!

Stand out on the street corner with "Honk! It's her birthday!" signs.

Wander to a parent's house and go Birthday Caroling. Sing the Happy Birthday song over and over again and refuse to leave until they invite you in for drinks/cookies/whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:52 am 
Paramecium

haha ooh i like the sound of the recording one...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]