[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - Who doesn't want to see men in kilts?
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Who doesn't want to see men in kilts?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:00 pm 
Fluke

Highland Games in Graham, WA, this Saturday!Yippee!

Post subject: Re: Who doesn't want to see men in kilts?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:52 pm 
Fluke

Why don't we have cool festivals like those party animals in Tacoma? Greekfest? PBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTH!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:40 pm 
Fluke

Well, I'll let you know that the Gay Pride Festival at the capital was pathetic and small, even though it was their largest so far. Nyeh. I'm pretty sure Salt Lake has us beat on that one (by far).

However, there is a ridiculous tractor family fun day thing going on this weekend that I'm thinking about hitting up as well. :) It is out in the boonies and sounds like it will be so awful it's cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:22 pm 
Mealworm

I was at the Utah Scottish Festival a couple of weekends ago with Big Giant Head for his birthday. It went down at Thanksgiving Point down near the point of the mountain.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:35 pm 
Fluke

I knew this sounded familiar......As always, somebody told me about the festival. Then, I would say, "Cool! I'm SO going to that now!"

........And then I'd promptly forget about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:36 pm 
Mealworm

I have that problem too. Maybe there's something in the water. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:09 pm 
Fluke

I have a sunburm and no cool pics. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:11 pm 
Mealworm

How was it? What ended up happening? How was the event? How was the crowd?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:50 pm 
Fluke

I wish I could tell you. However, I got there way later than I meant to because 1) the person I was draggin with me was running late, and 2) traffic was ridiculous on the way there. Plus, I had some sort of crisis (mental/emotional) going on the whole day, so I wasn't able to be very observant of things outside myself. *sigh* Basically, it was a waste of $55 (gas, tickets in, bottled water, etc.). But, that's my own damn fault.

I saw about 10 minutes of the dancing competition. The kids were really cute bouncing around and flailing their legs about. I watched the caber toss (all of the excrutiatingly boring caber toss). Only one person was able to throw it over. And that was the first person to go (a woman who was super muscley, yet still looked kind of feminine). And there was a baby (7-week old) cow (the really shaggy kind). It looked sad, otherwise I would have taken a picture of it. I didn't like the green rope tied around its nose, and that it was curled up in a ball in the corner. It looked more like a hairy lump than a cow. For some reason, there were no other cows there.

Hmm...and the one thing I really wanted to buy was "cash only" and I only had 2 dollars (once I paid for the fee to get in), which was not even half of what I needed to purchase the delicious morsel, so I had to pout and stomp off. I suppose I could have begged someone to buy one for me, but I was too mopey for that. lol.

Umm...I have a lovely sunburn. Fishnet pattern burn on my legs and tank top pattern burn on my upper body. It hurts pretty good. I've been whining about it all day and all night. I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow. I can't wear a tank top to work, so I'm going to be quite uncomfortable. I might have to run into the bathroom every hour to take my shirt off for a few seconds to get some relief. I don't think that will help though.

That's all I can remember really. I ate a PB & J sandwich and potato chips (that we brought) and drank a crapload of water.

Oh, and there was an entertaining band playing. The guy was wearing similar boots as me, which was kind of funny. They were called Ockham's Razor. I didn't spend as much time listening to them as I would have liked because by then I was all sunvburned and tired from the heat and was going to start feeling too sick to drive all the way back home, so I had to leave. But he had an accordian....

Anyway, that's my report. Sad, but hopefully my next event will be better. Maybe I will stop being mopey long enough to enjoy something.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:54 pm 
Fluke

Ockham's Razor

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]