[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - Regular Park Outings
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 8 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Regular Park Outings
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:05 am 
Pastry?? I was actually thinking of having people pitch in for a Watermelon.

Is anyone else sore. My quads and calves are crying. :'(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:37 am 
Fluke

I am most certainly sore, especially in the shins. I think that has to do with the way I run, though. The rest of me is sore as well.

I'd be happy to pitch in for a watermelon! Only good things can come of that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:48 pm 
Dinoflagellate

I share in your soreness. However, I don't think mine is as bad, considering it is Wed. and I'm feeling pretty good. I will pitch in for a watermelon. We also need to figure out rules for CTF. It would be awesome if it had something to do with ADD Track and Field. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:00 pm 
Capture the Flag

Setup
- Split into two teams
- Separate playing area into two sections
- Hide flag in your area

Objective
- Go into enemy territory, capture their flag, and return it to your side

Gameplay
- If you are tagged during enemy territory you are considered "captured" and taken to a "jail"
- If you are carrying the flag while captured, the flag will be returned to the original hiding area
- Teammates can be rescued by tagging them while in jail

What do you think?

Possible alternative: Once captured you are OUT of the game and must wait until the next game to resume. This will make for faster gameplay.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:26 pm 
Fluke

As I discussed with you earlier, I think we can use the alternative format on a case-by-case basis. If you want my two cents, however, I like the idea of prisoners much more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:19 am 
Mealworm

Capture the Flag -- TONIGHT
6:30pm
Sunnyside Park

I shredded a t-shirt into two pieces this morning.

I leave the rest to everyone else.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:11 am 
Mealworm

How did things go after I left?

Btw... I still have a watermelon rolling around in my car. Oops.

I'm thinking of doing some hyperactive football game next. Much like Miggy's "Effed Up Soccer".

Two teams. Line up for the snap.

1. Ball is run or passed CONTINUALLY (forward laterals are OK) until ball changes posession.
2. Ball changes possession for the following:
- Touchdown is scored (1 point)
- Ball-carrier is "tackled" (two hands below waist)
- Fumble is recovered by defense
3. Every dropped ball (passes included) counts as a fumble

First team to 10 points wins?

The whole goal here is to have a fluid, fast-moving game. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:28 pm 
Fluke

Works for me. After you left on Monday, everyone else started trickling away until we oonly had about five people. Oh, well! That was one of my favortie park outings yet!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:37 pm 
Mealworm

What parks out there have lots of trees and such? I think the next game should be much more large-scale.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:17 am 
Paramecium

I was thinking in keeping with the water boundary, the river portion of Sugarhouse would work, but the best would be using all of Tanner park. Lots of cover, lots of civilians thinking we're nuts.

Page 4 of 8 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next