[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - Regular Park Outings
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 8 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Regular Park Outings
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:20 am 
Dinoflagellate

Okay. So in case nobody has noticed, the morrow brings Mon. We should be sure if we are going to a random park for fun to-morrow, or if we will be holding off the official announcement and inauguration until the following Mon. Hopefully people are actually looking at the boards today, considering no-one but I have been on since Fri. the 4th. :evil: READ MY POST!!!!!!1111

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:11 am 
Mealworm

I was on yesterday, but didn't read the post.

TODAY IS PARK DAY, MOFUGGAS!

What park is optimal for you? Liberty seems pretty centralized. Anyone opposed?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:48 am 
Dinoflagellate

Liberty Park is seconded and unopposed by the Cat; in; Water; delegate. The delegate would like to raise the motion of the time of the appointment. It was issued previously with the intent of beginning at the six and half hour in the even (the eighteenth and thirty hour for those using military). Does this time of appointment still stand? Should this topic be discussed before it is issued forth as a motion? :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:03 am 
Mealworm

Chairman recognizes the Cat; in; Water; delegate.

A motion has been raised to confirm the time of appointment.
That motion was then rescinded from being raised in lieu of a discussion so the motion has fallen.
A discussion has now been opened to confirm the time of said event.
Chairman would like to amend this discussion to include a specific meeting place.

I have no problems with 18:30am (deliberately ambiguous with both military and standard time conventions).

I propose meeting on the north end of Liberty. This is because (a) it is near an automotive entrance to the park and (b) because meeting on the "east side" would be a comparative b!tch.

Any opposed?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:18 am 
Dinoflagellate

The Cat; in; Water; delegate supports the proposal of the "North entrance of Liberty Park at 18:30 initiative" due to the ease of access for the delegate considering their standard transportation in the form of a city train. In response they declare that the proposal be reformed as a motion so that it may be seconded, voted on, and affirmed. What say you, Chairman Dancing Banana?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:29 pm 
Mealworm

I shall send out the APB.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:17 am 
Mealworm

This Monday I'm going to be helping a friend load a piano and some couches into a moving van probably at 6:00 to 7:00.

I leave it up to all y'all to get this party started!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:57 pm 
Fluke

Very well. How hard can it be to organize the simultaneous arrival of several people, each with different schedules and modes of transportation?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:49 pm 
Dinoflagellate

Usually it comes close to the infinite planning of a great cataclysm that most of the creatures that have the ability to believe in you begin calling the Apocalypse. And that's only if you don't plan on the very many activities that can be attended and performed by those people which have different schedules and modes of transportation all meeting in one place at/near a pre-determined time.

However, as far as activities go, it was (at a time long ago) suggested to perform "sandbag relays" (see here: )

This was mentioned again by the ever powerful and knowledged Mr. Waste on this previous Mon. I do not think that this can be planned in short notice, so perhaps this is for later considerations of Mon. I support the standardization of times and assert that 6:30 of the post meridian is suitable. Locations are variable, but all suggestions should cater to those limited to feet/bike/train/bus, and promote lesser travel times. Good suggestions are Downtown and University locations. I might also suggest Murray, Germania, Hidden Village, Harmony, Sugarhouse Parks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:31 pm 
Dude.

You talk too smart. I can't understand what you're saying.

I think that Liberty and Sugarhouse work best considering our group demographic.

Sunnyside park is pretty righteous too, if I remember right.

Apparently there's a place called "Faultline Gardens" that I'd never even heard of (Thank you, Google Maps!). Anyone know what this place is?

Also... Schmitty... any news on the cost of sandbags?

Page 2 of 8 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next