[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - Regular Park Outings
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 8 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Regular Park Outings
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:19 pm 
Dinoflagellate

I have been burdened with the research of things not yet imagined and the readings of one Neal Stephenson (good for those interested in fictional history and cyberpunk-esqe settings) to get out of my apartment and research things "sand-bag". I shall endeavour to this research on the morrow (Mon.) whilst I do more job-hunting (mmmm..... tasty job). As far as the gardens mentioned in your post, they are in fact a set of buildings with the name "Gardens" attached. Check the satellite view in G-maps to fully understand the strange nature of the markings and denotation of the "Gardens." I personally know of this place, considering I live within a stone's throw of it and see it regularly when passing by on the train. :D Also, I cannot talk any less smart, especially when I am typing/writing. Words just pour forth from my brain and pursue their own means upon my keyboard/paper. This is probably part of my perverse research into the roots of words and phrases in the American/English diction manifesting itself unto the material world. Don't worry, you're not the only person who has looked at me awry when I speak this way. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:22 am 
Mealworm

This is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. Thanks, dude.

Also... as far as the writing goes... it just goes to prove that America reads at a 4th-grade level.

Consider yourself officially un-burdened of the sand duty:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=p ... lpage=none
50lbs of sand: $3.65

As far as the hunt for the Red Jobtober goes, it looks like Backcountry has a bunch of positions open. I've always wanted to work there so perhaps I thought you would too. Note, though, that these guys REQUIRE a resume. Do you have one already? If not, I'd be happy to help you pound out something awesome.
http://www.backcountrycorp.com/corporat ... /jobs.html

I've also already recommended this to Loki, but last time I was at Maaco I just expressed enthusiasm about what they did and the owner (Steve Long, I think?) offered me a job on the spot. If I had the time, I seriously would have done it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:21 pm 
Fluke

My only conflict of interest with doing body work is the increased danger in which I put my fingers. I like having all ten of them for playing guitar, and body shop employees average much less than that. The gesture is appreciated nonetheless!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:46 pm 
Mealworm

APB has been sent. 6:30 Liberty again.

I will be late if I can make it at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:41 pm 
Dinoflagellate

For this following Mon. I offer Sunnyside Park for the locale. The time is still 6:30 in the post meridian. Somebody else devise or bring the activity. I will check further on sandbags.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:46 pm 
Fluke

Which is Sunnyside park? The name sounds familiar, but I can't peg the coordinates...and I'm lazy. And I hate Google Maps.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:58 am 
Dinoflagellate

Sunnyside Park lies on the city coordinates of Sunnyside Avenue (approximately 850 south) and Guardsman Way (approximately 1600 East). If this location is approached from the street 500 South (the university side), Guardsman Way is the first light after the Stadium on the South side. If it is approached from the street 800 South (East High side), Guardsman Way is the first light after 1300 on the North side. From the latter direction, the park is located directly to the east of Guardsman Way, and one may be inclined to seek a parking space on the south side of the park. I do not know personally the parking layout or design of the park, therefore I cannot give advice on this subject. Just find somewhere to park, and meet near the trees on the south side.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:03 pm 
Sending out APB. I think it'd be fun to try some old-school games like Freeze Tag or Red Rover today -- depending on turnout.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:45 am 
Fluke

Well played by all! We did manage to fit in a brief stint of Red Rover, but Anand chickened out. Also, 500 is the most fun I've ever had with a frisbee!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:44 am 
Paramecium

Seriously, I think we ought to formalize the major activity we did as "ADD Olympic Track and Field". We should probably also add in a few more random items, like a Nerf football, a remote control plane and probably a pastry.

Page 3 of 8 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next