[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - Restaurant reviews.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Restaurant reviews.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:25 am 
Please tell me what restaurants you're going to and what to eat there . . .

Post subject: Re: Restaurant reviews.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:29 pm 
Fluke

All the places I have eaten at lately are in Denver.
Sadly, I haven't had a Denver omelette in the nearly three years I've lived here.
I'M A FRAUD!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:30 pm 
Fluke

band name-
Fraudulent Omelette

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:00 am 
Sakura Sushi in Ogden. Yummy, fresh, cheap Japanese. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:53 am 
I've been meaning to go to for quite a while now. Oh Mai is in South Salt Lake (kinda by Red Ginger) and is well known to have Vietnamese sandwiches so good they'd even make Lewis Black squeal with glee.

Well, a few nights ago I had an extra 15 minutes before snagging milkshakes and I hadn't eaten anything all day. Not the ideal way to test a restaurant, but it did seem ideal for snarfing a sandwich-to-go. Baddabing, I pulled up 45 minutes before closing. PERFECT!!!

Based on the reviews, I expected something like a sandwich shop. It was anything but.

I ordered, and the friendly dude behind the counter informed me that he was out of the sandwich I wanted. In fact, he was out of all sandwiches. He recommneded I try the pho. Hmm. 11 minutes left to bury my face in a steaming hot noodle bowl? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED, MOFOS! As an added bonus, they dude at the counter threw in some free fresh spring rolls (soft skin, veggies, rice noodles, and shrimp). SCORE!

I got the small ribeye and brisket pho. I'm going to have to repeat that. RIBEYE AND BRISKET PHO! I had no idea such a thing even existed. Steaming hot and with all my veggies on the side of the dish (as opposed to most places, which give you communal veggies). I went to town. Eight minutes later, I was a dripping, sweaty, satiated mess.

I'm very, very much looking forward to going back here again. Prices are very reasonable. Staff was super friendly. Food was as awesome as I could tell, considering I hardly stopped to taste it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:16 pm 
Finally got the wife to try pho with me. I tried it for the first time back in January. She didnt hate it, which is awesome. She and I tried a strawberry boba drink, which she actually loved. We live in an area with a huge vietnamese influence and shops. They all look trashy and scary. We had to venture out of our zip code to try a place.
Anybody coming to Denver let me know. Im bored and lonely.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:50 pm 
You live in the epicenter of a Vietnamese wonderland, and you fled to partake in yuppy, safe, Americanized Vietnamese food? :o :shock: :o

Pho is an everyman food. It's the Bruce Springsteen of Vietnamese food. It's meant to be slurped shamelessly between busy life moments. Tucked into an alley way with your back turned to a bustling busy street. Shoveling and dripping and re-slurping it all back into your feedhole solely for the glory of pho! Your pho experience made proverbial Vietnamese Bruce Springsteen take a proverbial bathroom-selfie while wearing proverbial orange skinny jeans, and a proverbial fashion scarf.

....but it was still delicious, was it not? Tasted like it came straight from the underbosom of a jalapeno-enchanted panda god. A god who looks down and blesses every noodle bowl called "pho".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:34 am 
Whoa whoa whoa, dewd. I didnt go try 'safe Americanized' version of pho. I went to a neighborhood not teaming with gangbangers and crack heads. The place we tried was owned and operated buy asian looking people with asian sounding accents and asian smelling body odor. I just want to try the cuisine, man! Not sit on a forgotten syringe, or have my wife eyeballed by neck tattoo guy.
...and I need to draw this jalepeno enhanced panda god.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:03 pm 
Just got back from a pho adventure on my late lunch break. Being that I normally eat around 11am while working (beat the lunch rush), waiting until 2:30pm today left me impatient and ravenous.

2:45 - Park in empty lot in front of pho place
2:50 - Order pho
3:00 - Begin slobbery, meaty noodlefest
3:15 - Satiated waddle back to vehicle

Pho is good. The jalapeno-enchanted panda god smiled upon us.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:54 pm 
At least one pho place in Flagstaff that I'm aware of. Right near where I work too! If only I had money...

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]