[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - Next home improvement project
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Next home improvement project
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:30 pm 
Mealworm

Note to self.
I want/need to do this: http://www.rd.com/19660/article19660.html

Post subject: Re: Next home improvement project
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:15 pm 
Fluke

Is this a forum, or Wudda's personal to-do list? hehe.
Okay, I'm done being a brat. I'm still curious, however, why you added this.

Are you ever going to paint your kitchen? Are you going to put pics up of your home improvement projects? That could be super entertaining. Hey, if I ever get my own place, I could do some and add pics too! That would be awesome. We could pose all cheesy in front of our particular torn up messes, thumbs up and giant grins. Awesome!

That's it. I'm going to have to find a way to do some sort of ridiculous project and post it. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:57 am 
Mealworm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:11 pm 
Mealworm

Dear self: Your monitor is a Gateway HD2200. It has a VESA 100mm mounting pattern on the back. It weighs 13.5lbs. Now go find the right mount for it, stupid. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:41 pm 
Fluke

Well, what bothers you the most? What is the quickest thing you can take care of (you might feel more accomplished, and therefore maintain motivation if you take a couple easy things off the list near the beginning)? What would you be doing for you versus what would you be doing that might benefit others (I say you do something for you first for once)? What is going to have the most benefit (e.g. if your bed makes you wake up sore, that would be a big one, but if it doesn't, your bed is just fine for now)?

Those are all my thoughts for now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:59 am 
Roundworm

I am simplifying your list for you:

(a) Organize my closet to add shelving on top (2-hour project, if you need tools/help let me know)
(b) mount my monitor to my wall (the keyboard can wait, but you need to make progress on this, since you have been talking about it FOREVER. Just get a wireless keyboard)
(c) Add a bookshelf (with doors) for organization/storage of DVDs, cds, etc. (I have a truck and I have been meaning to go to ikea...)
(d) Build/buy a guitar rack so that my babies aren't laying on the floor (where are you going to put this? it would be great, but first just figure out where).
(e) re-caulk my bathroom (you can borrow my gun, it should take about 10 minutes)
(f) Buy the lye pellets that clean out drains (like $3 and work really well) and then get a rubber stopper for when you want to plug the drain
(g) Fix my car stereo by replacing the head unit immediately, and changing the form speakers within the next 3 months.
(h) Replace my bed with something that doesn't suck (a good night's sleep is key, especially for you since you only sleep 2 hours a night. Got to Sam's club where you can get a nice mattress for cheap. If you only want a queen, you can get a rockin one for less than $500, if I recall. If you don't have a membership, you can borrow mine).
(k) Figure out lighting for my living room. Use "Super Switch" as necessary. (I am not familiar with the exact problem you have, but lighting is super-important)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:27 pm 
Fluke

Here's my version:

A) Install trampoline floor.
B) Everything else just fallls into place. Wheeeeee!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:58 pm 
Fluke

I like the trampoline floor idea. Yeah buddy!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:40 pm 
Dinoflagellate

Note to Waste:

I saw the piece you want for your tub at Home Depot. They come in varying styles and price from 15 to 30 dollars. I cannot site my source because it is not on their website. You'll just have to trust me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:17 pm 
Mealworm

Thanks dude. I was checking it out at Lowe's across the street too. It comes in a set for like $30, or I can buy the individual pieces for like $8+$9. It was funny because the set actually cost MORE than buying each piece separately.

I'm thinking I'm going with the step-here-to-make-it-pop-up style. Plumbing nightmare here I come!!!!

(P.S. Anyone wanna help me with this? I know that I can do it on my own, but I also know that it will come with endless unaccounted for frustration.)

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next