[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
T E A M W O R M . org • View topic - Cutting Time
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Cutting Time
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:32 am 
I'm going to use this as a log for my personal goals. I'm going to try to get down to 10% bodyfat again. Won't stop till I've got abs, dammit.

I don't know where I'm at right now, but here's what I've got...

5' 6"
153 lbs

Basal Metabolic Rate: 1687 Calories

Based on the Harris Benedict Equation and using "lightly active" as a baseline, I need 2319 Caloies per day to maintain my current weight.

I will create a defecit of 500 Calories, which puts me at 1819 Calories.

So far today I have eaten the following:

Muscle Milk Light shake (8:30am)
160 Calories
5g Fat
9g Carb
20g Protein

More to come....

Post subject: Re: Cutting Time
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:40 am 
20 oz of water. Just pounded.

Don't know that pounding water is good for me but oh well. So it happened.

I want 150g of protein. That will take 600 of my total calories.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:29 am 
This also means I need approx 225g of carbs and 35g of fat per day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:52 am 
Normally functioning kidneys can handle more than 0.7 L (24oz) of fluid per hour.

Drinking several liters over a relatively short period of time could be enough to cause water intoxication. Symptoms of water intoxication include confusion and headaches.

Looks like you're fine to pound up to 24 oz. The daily recommended water intake for someone with your stats is 3.7 liters a day.

As you know water consumption is great for achieving your goal. Water suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize stored fat. Water also helps to maintain proper muscle tone by giving back the muscles’ natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration.

Also several resources suggest drinking cold water rather than warm. Apparently cold water is absorbed more quickly than warm.

You may want to look into water therapy too. Basically you drink up to 22 oz. of water first thing when you wake up (before you brush your teeth.) Then you can brush, followed by no eating or drinking for 45 minutes.

For more information: http://www.pyroenergen.com/articles/drinkwater.htm
http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/dem ... e-113.html

For a provocative anti drinking water article visit this site:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=89323934

Sources: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6263029.stm
http://www.iom.edu/Object.File/Master/20/004/0.pdf
http://www.tucsonmedical.com/pdf/drinking_water.pdf
http://www.aakp.org/newsletters/KB--Ele ... uch-Water/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potable
http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/water_ ... g-more.htm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:47 pm 
Wow! Thanks for the post!

Did you notice that the second article included a copy/paste of the first one? However, the second article cites "excess" and "fatness" as two separate ailments. In either case, leave it to the Japanese to call a disease "excess fatness". I can see that written as something that's solved by the WiiFit too!

I believe this partially because I had a glass of cold water the other morning before my shower and it tasted so SO good! I was amazed and thought, "Man! I should do this every day!"

I then immediately forgot. UNTIL JUST NOW!!!!

Lunch (11:15am): Carl's Jr. Charbroiled Chicken Salad
Calories: 330
Fats: 7g (4g saturated)
Carbs: 17g (5g fiber, 8g sugar)
Protein: 34g

According to what I have (7*9 + 17*4 + 34*4), this doesn't add up to 330 Calories. It adds to 267 Calories. I'll take Carl's word for it though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:03 pm 
Just finished 32 oz of water. Sipped on throughout the morning/afternoon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:03 pm 
Finished another 32 oz of water. Leaving work. BaM!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:16 pm 
Mealworm

Another Muscle Milk Light Shake -- 160 cals.

12 baby carrots
8 brussels sprouts

Right now I'm making a meal consisting of chicken breast, lentils, cabbage, celery, carrots, egg whites, and seasoning. Don't know how/if I'm going to quantify this.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:47 pm 
Mealworm

Post workout shake: 300 cals. 45g protein. Dunno the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:52 am 
Last night I did a shoulder routine at the recommendation of EROK81 from SLCSR. 4 sets of shoulder presses (35lbs db). 4 sets of supersetted front raises, side raises, and reverse delt flys (15lbs db). 2 sets of arnold presses (35lb db). 2 sets of shrugs (25lb db).

Morning: 1.5 glasses of water
1 Zicam
1 Multivitamin
2 Tbsp of dry oatmeal

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next